Are you guys tired of pumpkin yet? No? Me neither. 😛 I’ve been taking full advantage of pumpkin season this year. Stocking up on my pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin décor and of course pumpkin recipes! These delicious Baked Pumpkin Donuts are the newest pumpkin-filled dessert on my blog. And the best part about them is they include a sweet marshmallow frosting that compliments the pumpkin flavor perfectly!
BAKING THE DONUTS
Baked donuts are my favorite because they’re so much easier to make and have a nice, cake-like consistency. For a standard six-slot donut pan, I only had to bake the donuts for 11 minutes which was a great time saver. I only had one donut pan to work with so I baked the donuts in batches, but thanks to the short bake time, it wasn’t time consuming at all!
INGREDIENTS FOR DONUTS
The ingredients needed for making pumpkin donuts are fairly standard baking components. We’ve got our flour, baking powder, baking soda, eggs and milk. To give it the pumpkin flavor we’ll use a full cup of pure pumpkin puree. And then we have the brown sugar for sweetness, cinnamon for that fall spiced feel, and coconut oil for moisture.
MARSHMALLOW CREME FROSTING
Nothing beats a warm, soft donut straight out of the oven. Except of course when it’s dipped in a deliciously sweet marshmallow crème frosting! Full of softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and a heaping cup of marshmallow crème. This recipe yields a thick, yet creamy frosting that is easy to decorate with. I used a combination of drizzling and dipping when it came to topping the donuts. And don’t forget that extra sprinkle of cinnamon for the finishing touches!
Read on to see the full recipe for these Baked Pumpkin Donuts. Happy Fall!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HOLIDAY FALL DESSERTS NEXT!
- Easy Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Baked Pears
- Slow-Cooker Halloween Fudge
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Marshmallow Crème FrostingCourse: Breakfast, DessertDifficulty: Easy
Nothing beats these warm Baked Pumpkin Donuts straight out of the oven. Except of course when they’re dipped in a deliciously sweet marshmallow crème frosting!
- FOR DONUTS
½ cup coconut oil
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
- FOR MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
4 Tbs softened butter
1 cup marshmallow crème
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6-slot donut pan
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until just blended (don’t overmix)
- Fill each slot in the donut pan with batter about ¾ of the way full
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove donuts from pan and set aside to cool
- Repeat until all batter is gone. I yielded about 14 donuts
- Prepare the glaze by adding the butter, marshmallow crème, powdered sugar, and milk to a small bowl. Use a mixer to blend all ingredients until smooth
- Dip each donut in the glaze. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
14 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46%
- Cholesterol 33mg 11%
- Sodium 155mg 7%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 116mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
- Sugars 32.1g
- Protein 3.1g 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.