This recipe for Garlic Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms is for serious garlic lovers only! It requires a heaping eight cloves of freshly minced garlic along with garlic salt for that extra kick of garlicky flavor. Your breath might not thank you, but your taste buds definitely will. This recipe is actually adapted from my wonderful mother-in-law, making it the latest addition to my “Recipes From Mom” category. She’s not big on garlic so I hope she can forgive me for drastically increasing the garlic content in this recipe. 😉
PREPARING THE MUSHROOMS
So, first you’ll have to pick your mushroom. I find that the white mushrooms are firmer and easier to work with. They don’t get as mushy once baked, making them perfect for this recipe because they’ll keep their shape and hold the stuffing inside. You’ll prepare the mushrooms by washing them, drying them and then removing the centers. You can save the extra mushroom pieces in the freezer to use in other recipes if you wish!
Next, we have the ingredients for the garlic cream cheese filling and the breaded outer layer.
For the garlic cream cheese filling you’ll need the following:
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
STUFFING THE MUSHROOMS
This recipe yields approximately 34 mushrooms. The measurements for the garlic cream cheese are almost EXACTLY enough to stuff each mushroom. Depending on how big or small your mushrooms are, you might end up having extra filling leftover which you can just use to go back and top off the mushrooms. Just try not to overflow the mushrooms TOO much. A small mound on top is okay.
For the breaded outer layer of the mushrooms, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
COATING THE MUSHROOMS
It’s best to have two small bowls ready: one to put your olive oil in and one to put the breadcrumbs and parmesan in. You’ll dip each mushroom in the olive oil mixture first (covering just the skin of the mushroom). You’ll then roll the WHOLE mushroom into the parmesan breadcrumb mixture making sure to cover it completely from top to bottom. The parmesan breadcrumb mixture helps to hold the cream cheese filling in place creating a seal so that it doesn’t bubble over.
BAKE THE MUSHROOMS
Next, line your stuffed mushrooms up on a baking pan side by side but not touching! You don’t want them to stick to each other as they bake because this will tear away some of the breaded layer when you separate them. Just make sure there’s about half an inch of space between them. Finally, pop them in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes on 350 degrees. And voila! You have yourself an addicting appetizer or side dish that will disappear before you can even plate it.
Read on to see the full recipe for these Garlic Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. Enjoy!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER STUFFED APPETIZER IDEAS NEXT!
Garlic Cream Cheese Stuffed MushroomsCourse: Sides & SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This recipe for Garlic Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms is for serious garlic lovers only! A mouthwatering, addicting appetizer that’s great for parties!
24 oz whole white mushrooms
10 oz cream cheese
8 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup olive oil
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper
- Wash mushrooms well and pat dry with paper towels
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms. Use a spoon to scoop out any insides creating a nice “boat” to stuff the mushrooms
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30-45 seconds
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper until smooth
- Stuff each mushroom with the cream cheese mixture. Don’t overflow the mushrooms. Fill them so that the insides are stuffed and there’s a small mound on top
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil. In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together
- Dip each mushroom (skin only, not the cream cheese top) into the olive oil. Then, dip the WHOLE mushroom into the breadcrumb mixture making sure to cover it completely from top to bottom
- Place the mushrooms on the prepared baking pan side by side (but not touching)
- 10. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
34 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14%
- Cholesterol 12mg 4%
- Sodium 80mg 4%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 83mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2%
- Sugars 0.6g
- Protein 2.8g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.