Those who know me can attest to the fact that I love anything spicy. Jalapenos are towards the top of my list. I have jars and jars of pickled jalapenos in my pantry that I go through quite quickly. I think many of my fellow spicy-lovers can agree that jalapeno poppers are an amazing dish to satisfy a fiery craving. In fact, when I was pregnant, I would get extremely strong cravings for these Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers. So much so that I’d end up making a whole batch of them for myself! Don’t worry, my baby powered through all the spicy food I ate while I was pregnant with her and I think she’s stronger for it. 😉
MIXING IN THE BACON INSTEAD OF WRAPPING IT
Bacon is a big part of this recipe because bacon makes everything better. I shy away from the traditional way of wrapping the popper in a whole bacon slice. Instead, I prefer to cook the bacon separately, crumble into small pieces and mix it with the rest of the ingredients that go in the filling. This allows you to get a full blast of all the bacon flavor in each bite.
BACON & CHEESE STUFFED JALAPENO POPPERS
One disclaimer I must mention is that you never know how spicy these poppers will turn out. It’s like a game of chance because each jalapeno is usually a different level of spicy. I personally get happy when I eat one that burns my tongue off, but that’s just me. But one thing’s for sure, no matter how spicy, these poppers are absolutely delicious and are always the first thing to disappear at any party! Follow the recipe below for these Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers. And let me know how yours turn out in the comments!
MORE SPICY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO SAVE FOR NEXT TIME!
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno PoppersCourse: Sides & SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This spicy appetizer is always the hit of the party! Full of cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon with a fiery bite of flavor that will satisfy every spicy-lover.
15 fresh jalapenos
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
16 oz bacon, fried and chopped
2/3 cups chopped green onions
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and dry jalapenos. Then cut each jalapeno in half, long-ways
- Using a metal spoon, scoop out all the insides of each jalapeno until completely empty and clean
- Start cooking bacon in skillet until brown and crispy
- While bacon is cooking, soften cream cheese in the microwave and chop up the green onions (save some green onions aside to sprinkle on top)
- Once bacon is done cooking, let cool, then cut into bite sized pieces (save some bacon pieces aside to sprinkle on top)
- In a large bowl, add the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, green onions, lemon juice and garlic salt. Mix together with a spoon until well combined
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture then bake for about 15 minutes
- Once done baking, remove from oven and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
30 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17%
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 207mg 9%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 74mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 2%
- Sugars 0.3g
- Protein 4.2g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.