Curry has a very distinct taste that’s hard to replicate. It’s savory, flavorful and has a bit of a spicy kick to it. It’s also smooth and creamy thanks to the coconut milk. But the best part about curry is that it’s infinitely customizable depending on what you feel like eating! And since you landed on this page, I’m assuming you’re in the mood for some Vegan Tofu & Veggie Curry today. 😉
You can choose any combination of veggies and protein you prefer, while still keeping the base the same. For this particular curry recipe, I chose to go vegan with a combination of crispy tofu, baby carrots, broccoli and onions.
Other than the tofu and veggies, here are a few other ingredients you’ll need to make this curry recipe come to life:
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 2 Tbs curry paste (green or red)
- 13 oz canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
As you can see, most of the ingredients are simple things that you might already have on hand. The only oddballs are the curry powder, curry paste and coconut milk. Unless you’re like me and keep extra in your pantry just in case the curry craving hits. 😉
It’s important to note that I choose to cook the tofu separately from the rest of the ingredients and then add it into the curry at the end. Tofu can be a bit tricky because some people like it crispy while others don’t mind it soft if it’s mixed in with soup or curry.
I prefer my tofu coated and crispy (even when it’s swimming in curry). So, I always use the technique of draining the tofu sufficiently, coating it with spices and cornstarch, and baking it in the oven. For more detailed instructions, see my blog post on how to make Crispy Baked Tofu.
And as always, curry is best served on a big plate of steaming, white rice for a filling, satisfying meal! If you’re ready for a mouthwatering, easy dinner, check out the full recipe for this Vegan Tofu & Veggie Curry below!
MORE VEGAN RECIPES TO CHECK OUT NEXT!
Vegan Tofu & Veggie Curry RecipeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This Vegan Tofu & Veggie Curry is full of crispy tofu, broccoli, carrots and onions. It’s savory, flavorful, smooth and creamy with a kick of spice. Serve it on white rice for a full, satisfying meal!
32 oz tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
16 oz baby carrots, chopped
½ onion, chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs curry powder
2 Tbs curry paste (green or red)
13 oz canned coconut milk
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Start by cooking the tofu separately first. You can fry in a skillet on all sides until crispy. OR you can follow this recipe for baked, crispy tofu
- While the tofu is cooking, add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium. Add the onions, carrots and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add the curry powder and curry paste to the skillet. Mix well and continue cooking for another 1 minute
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 15 minutes until the curry starts to bubble and everything is heated through
- Add the cooked tofu to the curry last and mix until everything is coated well
- Serve over white rice if desired
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11g 56%
- Sodium 598mg 25%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 624mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.7g 23%
- Sugars 6.2g
- Protein 12.9g 26%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.