I searched tirelessly online for a mini raspberry cheesecake recipe covered in a white chocolate shell. But I couldn’t’ find exactly what I pictured in my head. So, I decided to make it myself! After a bit of trial and error, I finally found the perfect combination of ingredients for the filling and toppings. These little treats are not only delicious, but so cute! With Valentine’s Day approaching quickly, I think these mini raspberry cheesecakes are perfect for the occasion.
When it comes to melting white chocolate, it can get a little frustrating. White chocolate doesn’t melt as easily and can sometimes clump up. The trick is to always add a couple teaspoons of vegetable oil after microwaving! It will keep the melted chocolate smooth and glossy even after excessive mixing. To get the perfect shape, I used a Silicone Squares Mold with 24 slots. This mold is nonstick and the material makes it easy to pop the treats out without breaking them.
As you can see in the pictures, you’ll first add a thin layer of melted white chocolate to the bottom, then top that with the cream cheese mixture, and add a final layer of white chocolate on top of that creating a “sandwich” if you will. Since the white chocolate is still fluid at this point, it will seep down and create a shell surrounding the cream cheese layer once the treats are hardened in the fridge.
I admit it was hard work getting this recipe JUST right for you guys. But the final recipe I put together is extremely easy to follow! Hopefully your kitchen won’t look like a white chocolate disaster the way mine did the first time I made these. 🙂 But even if it does, the deliciously sweet flavor of these white chocolate mini raspberry cheesecakes will make all the mess worth it!
CHECK OUT THESE CUTE DESSERTS NEXT!
Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes Covered in White ChocolateCourse: DessertDifficulty: Medium
These decadent mini raspberry cheesecakes are covered in a sweet shell of white chocolate. A fun, easy and unique little treat!
3 cups white chocolate chips
2 tsp vegetable oil
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 Tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup raspberries (plus more for topping)
2 tsp granulated sugar
- ALSO NEEDED
- Put the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Add the 2 tsp vegetable oil and mix until chocolate is completely smooth
- Take your silicone squares mold and pour about 2 tsps of the melted chocolate into each square slot
- In a separate bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 1 minute. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until smooth
- In another small bowl, smash the raspberries completely. Add the 2 tsp granulated sugar and mix well creating a raspberry sauce
- Save about half the raspberry sauce on the side for topping later. Add the other half of the raspberry sauce to the cream cheese mixture and swirl together with a spoon
- Add a spoonful of the raspberry cream cheese mixture into each square slot. Leave some space to pour more white chocolate on top
- Pour the rest of the melted white chocolate into each square slot on top of the cream cheese layer. Spread evenly
- Place in fridge for about 20 minutes to harden
- Remove the treats gently from the silicone molds. Top with the extra raspberry sauce and whole raspberries if desired
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
24 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 32%
- Cholesterol 15mg 5%
- Sodium 47mg 2%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 76mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
- Sugars 14.3g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.