I fry a lot of bacon around here. Many of my recipes have bacon as a main ingredient. Have you tried my Bacon Pesto Pasta, anyone? It’s to die for. The flavor combination is too delicious to even describe. Bacon tends to do that to most dishes. And don’t even get me started on Brussels sprouts! They have the best texture whether they’re fried, baked, steamed, you name it! And they retain all the taste of the spices or toppings you cook them with. So, I’m sure you can imagine what an amazing combination these Brussels Sprouts with Bacon made.
This is an incredibly easy recipe with simple ingredients and directions. First step is of course to fry the bacon. I usually cut my bacon (using kitchen scissors) into small bite sized pieces before frying. It makes the job so much easier, quicker and the bacon fits better in the skillet this way. Once the bacon is perfectly crispy, you’ll store it on a paper towel while you cook the Brussels sprouts. Make sure to leave the bacon grease in the skillet! Bacon grease is a great alternative to butter or oil because it gives your dish a richer, more savory taste.
For this recipe I used frozen Brussels sprouts because it cut the cook time significantly. But feel free to use fresh Brussels sprouts if you desire. They might need a little extra time to tenderize in the skillet so be sure to adjust the cook time accordingly. The frozen ones took less than 10 minutes to heat through all the way. Once the Brussels sprouts are done cooking, you’ll add the bacon pieces back into the skillet and mix everything together for the final touch. Simple as that!
I can’t emphasize enough how easily and quickly you can have these Brussels sprouts with bacon on your table! It’s the perfect compliment to any dinner. I personally made them alongside my Pierogies With Garlic Green Beans recipe. But if that’s too many green vegetables for you in one meal, you can also try making them alongside something meaty, such as these BBQ Ribs. Read on for the full recipe and let me know your results in the comments below!
Brussels Sprouts With Bacon RecipeCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
Irresistible bacon and perfectly tender Brussels sprouts come together for one of the most mouthwatering side dishes you will ever have!
16 oz package bacon, chopped
12 oz frozen brussels sprouts
1 Tbs butter
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Cut bacon into bite sized pieces and fry in a large skillet until brown and crispy
- Scoop the cooked bacon out of the skillet and let rest on a paper towel for now. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet!
- Add the butter, minced garlic and brussels sprouts to the skillet. Mix and set heat to medium
- Cover and let cook about 5 minutes
- Remove cover, mix and continue to cook an additional 3-5 minutes until brussels sprouts are heated through
- Add the bacon back to the skillet and mix everything until well combined
- Add more salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!
- Calories & Nutritional Info may vary based on different brands and ingredients used. Nutritional Info below was calculated using Very Fit Well’s Nutrition Calculator.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 46%
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
- Sodium 1249mg 53%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 635mg 19%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 14%
- Sugars 1.9g
- Protein 22.4g 45%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.